Oysterknits

Inside every oyster, there's a purl...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Adele's Handtowels


As soon as I saw the linen handtowels in Mason Dixon Knitting, I knew I had to make them. And luckily for me, my dear friend and yoga teacher Adele was about to get married. She was about to move, so I didn't know her colors, but since I did know that she had painted her last bedroom a french blue, I figured I couldn't go wrong with cream and blue. I did have to drop down 2 needle sizes to get gauge, which is pretty unusual for me, but this was the first time I had worked with linen. It softened up beautifully after washing, and I found if I laid it flat to dry instead of putting it in the dryer, it stayed a little stiffer, which I preferred.

Specs:

Began and completed: July 2006
Yarn: Louet Euroflax Originals cream and blue, 1 skein each towel
Needle: Size US3
Do it again: Absolutely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home