Oysterknits

Inside every oyster, there's a purl...

Monday, October 09, 2006

More about Sox


So my package from Lisa Souza arrived, and I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with the garnet color. I was expecting something a little richer, more cranberry, and this is a little dull. But the Berry Poppins is beautiful. I debated returning it, but going to the post office is one of my least favorite errands ever! So I wound it up and started the Conwy socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. Since I'm a mostly self-taught sock knitter, I haven't yet attempted a "real" sock pattern yet, and I've been wanting to try this one after reading how well they fit due to the calf shaping. It was a little rocky in the beginning, but so far, so good. The picture didn't quite capture the color. It's not as red as it appears -- more maroon, really.

In other sock news, I needed a little baby gift for a friend I was going to visit last week, and I decided a little pair of baby socks using some leftovers would do the trick. I used the Lorna's Laces Amethyst Stripe, and of course, forgot to take a picture. But I did another pair one night using the leftover Cherry Tree Hill, and they are very cute. I cast on 32 stitches on US1s, then did my basic 2x2 rib (in hopes that would help them stay on better -- I can't tell you how many baby socks we lost on Riverside Drive!). They are about a newborn size, so I guess I'll save them for the next baby gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home