Oysterknits

Inside every oyster, there's a purl...

Thursday, December 21, 2006

When They Say One Skein, They Weren't Kidding


For a holiday lunch and gift exchange with some of my closest mommy friends, I decided to whip up a pair of Fetching Fingerless Mitts. Hopped over to my LYS, picked up a skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a yummy raspberry sorbet color, and about 3 hours later, had a wonderful gift.

I love this pattern, but when they say one skein, they mean ONE skein. This is how much yarn I had left over (and I was sweating mightily at the end):


The only thing I modified was the bind off. I didn't care for the picot bind-off in the pattern, and I wasn't loving the regular bind-off I did on the last pair. So I did this weird method that I must have read about somewhere, but I can't remember where. Basically, you K2tog, then pass the st back to the left hand needle, K2tog, and so on. It gives the edge a very clean look, which I liked.

I'll definitely make these again, but maybe next time splurge for 2 skeins, to make them a little longer, both at cuff and at fingertip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home