Oysterknits

Inside every oyster, there's a purl...

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Whatever you do, DON'T walk away from the washer!

When it comes to scarves, or anything around my neck for that matter, I'm like the princess and the pea. Can't wear turtlenecks, even the softest merino is too irritating for me. So when I saw the Vintage Velvet scarf in Scarf Style, I knew it was for me. I've been drooling over Touch Me for years, and then a sign from here -- oops, I mean a sale. Quick knit (maybe 5 days), then into the washer, where, even though I was sitting at the computer RIGHT NEXT TO THE MACHINE, I somehow lost track of what I was doing, and left it in the entire wash cycle. Bits of lavender fluff all over the washer. Not a complete tragedy, but it is definitely over-felted and fragile. But I still love it, and wear it all the time. Next time (like now that I'm making another for my sister's bday), I will pay attention.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is so beautiful! I wish i could make one, it's just a rather spendy yarn for me right now.
it looks so "vintage" with the partially felted/crushed velvet sheen. Awesome job!
Ronda

7:56 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Coming over from the post you left at my blog. Hi. I LOVE this scarf. I love the way it looks and I think you can really dress it up. Great job!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home