Oysterknits

Inside every oyster, there's a purl...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Conwy Socks

Over the holidays, I finished up my second pair of Conwy socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. This second pair went much more smoothly than the first, which was my first time ever doing twisted stitches, and it took me quite a while to learn to "read" them. This time was a breeze. I made a couple of modifications, first, casting on 6 more stitches, as the first pair I did was really too narrow. Then on the second sock, I traded the matched decreases that shape the calf for a double decrease (slip 2 tog,K1, P2sso) that was easier to place and made the decrease V look a lot neater. The colorway, Lorna's Laces in Motherlode, was beautiful...a subtle mix of wine, plum, gold, purple and slate. Really really pretty. I'm going to give them to my sis as part of her bday pressie -- hope she likes!










Specs:
Pattern: Conwy from Knitting on the Road
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Motherlode
Needles: Size 1 dpns
Mods: Added 6 st to cast on, changed decrease in calf shaping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home