Oysterknits

Inside every oyster, there's a purl...

Monday, January 22, 2007

10 minutes did the trick


You may recall that last time I made Vintage Velvet from Scarf Style, I had a little, shall we say, CRS moment (as my grandmother used to call it..."Can't remember sh*t") and left it in the washer the entire wash cycle (18 minutes). It wasn't ruined, but it's definitely worn looking and fragile. This time, for my sister Dub's birthday, I paid attention, and 10 minutes was the charm (might even go for 8 next time around). The terracotta color looked even more beautiful (less orangey) felted and she seemed to love it. Here she is, modelling and holding up her Lorna's Laces socks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Looks great! And the "party" looks fun too.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out so pretty, I love the subtle sheen!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home